Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Gravity

There are people in this world that have a sort of Gravity. I do not mean seriousness. I also do not mean that they are hugely fat. But that they carry some sort of weight or power in some realm that I cannot describe.

I am drawn to people with this Gravity. I feel as though I need to be close to that other-realm power. Some people manifest it in different (and equally inexplicable) ways. Basically, I wish to be near them, to be a part of something special. I just want to observe at the least, and take part if at all possible.

The people with this Gravity are the people who seem to shine in a room of people. They may be the most chatty and friendly one of the group, or they could be the quiet one in the corner. They generally are the ones who listen well, and also speak well. One can carry on real conversation with them. One can expect to be heard out and even understood. These are people one can spend hours and days on end with and never become bored or annoyed. Sometimes a person with Gravity says things that are blunt and incomprehensible, but usually necessary. A person with Gravity is affirming and seems to see into people in new and interesting ways. Often they are ambitious, but in a low-key sort of way. The Gravity is not directed as Fame, though I'm sure some famous people have Gravity as well.

I think that many people with Gravity for me do not hold the same Gravity for others. I believe that some are fairly across the board, most people are affected by their Gravity. But for others, it seems I'm alone in my recognition of their Gravity. This makes it even harder to explain and quantify.

I tend to center myself around people with Gravity. Usually it is not a conscious decision. It just sort of happens. And for various reasons, a person with Gravity has left my life. This always throws me off-balance and into a strange confusion. I need to realign myself and refocus. I need to approach other people with Gravity much more carefully.

Think of it sort of like a planet orbiting a star. The star holds the planet on course with Gravity. The planet is autonomous, but supported. What if the star was to blink out? Perhaps the planet would be decimated in whatever caused the star's demise. Or perhaps it would just be left adrift, until some other object with Gravity stabilized it again.

I'm not astrophysicist. Obviously. I am just a wobbly planet searching for my next star.

No comments:

Post a Comment